Saturday, June 30, 2012

Progress on June's UFO

I didn't get to June's UFO until 3 day before the end of the month. But I figured any progress was better than it sitting untouched for another year.
This UFO was based on the pattern "Autumn House" by Bunny Hill Designs, but with changes and additions.

                          Here's the 7 blocks that I had worked on before setting it aside. 
                                          They were fused, but no stitching done.


The first block was hand appliqued, but I changed my mind and fused all the other blocks so I could machine applique them. I was not very confident in my hand applique skills back then! I decided to re-do it and use the hand appliqued one for something else, maybe the start of a tote bag. This is the new one. 

I completed the other 2 blocks also, and then started doing the machine buttonhole stitch. 
                                              Here's two of the blocks:


I got 6 blocks sewn, the last 3 still need the machine stitching.
I felt like I got a decent amount done in 3 days.

 The month is over but I hope to keep working on this and not just set it aside again.
                                I'd like to get it finished and hanging on the wall!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a LOT of progress to me--love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any forward progress is great in my book! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lovely set of blocks. I realy want to learn how to applique both by hand and machine.

    ReplyDelete