Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I'm back !!!!!

I decided it's time to come back to blogging.

Why?

 I had this crazy thought around the beginning of this year, I'm not even sure where this thought came from. Probably triggered by making out an updated list of all my UFO's,  but it went something like this

            What if I could finish 100 quilty things this year ?

Of course that would be crazy right? A Totally ridiculous and unreachable goal.

But as the next few days went along I started thinking why not.....I mean if I aim for 100 and accomplish only 25 that's still an awesome accomplishment.

And.....I have an embarrassing amount of quilt tops needing to be quilted.

And....a huge list of UFO's / PHD's (project's half done) and ones barely started.

And.....kits, patterns, fabric, etc, etc for innumerable more projects.

And so here I am, going to give it a shot. There will likely be many simple quilts, UFO's that I've lost interest in that will be finished to something different than the original plan. But after years of being a wonderful STARTER of projects I'm going to focus this year on being a FINISHER.
I figured this would be a good place to keep track of my progress, instead of on a list that I'd likely just loose :(

Of course that doesn't mean I'm going to give up starting new projects, but I am going to try my darndest to FINISH a lot more of them!

I have been busy and so far I have finished:

                                                                 #1   16 patch for Jenny.
 Was a previously made quilt top that just needed to be quilted. So with just a little work, simple quilting and some binding and one quilt is finished. Yahoo


#2     Natalie's "Stuffy" quilt. 
I received a box of scraps from my quilty friend Joy and these leftover unit's and squares were beging to be made into something. So a quick little project and Natalie has a new quilt for her Stuffies...(her stuffed animals)

#3 Fairy Tale quilt
This was adapted from a pattern I saw for a 3 yard quilt HERE. It was quick to sew up and best of all I got it quilted and bound instead of my usual habit of adding it to the quilt top pile.

#4 Valentine Table Runner
This was made for my quilting buddy Mimi at a swap over at quiltingaroundtheworld.com


Well that's the show for now... many more to come !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jackie I didn't know you have a blog! Glad I found it. I'll be following your stunning work and in time, I hope with little steps, just get a bit closer to your huge capacity of work. You're great!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete