Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday April 30th

What's on my design wall today?

It's something perfect for the season, a row for my Spring row quilt.














I am making a row quilt with a group of other quilters and my first row was to be done in April. Since today is the last day of April, guess what I'll be doing today? It's a rainy day here, so a perfect sewing day!

Everything in the above photo is just pinned on my design wall. I wanted to see if the design and colors was going to work before I started sewing things together.

I've sewn the background pieces together and appliqued the fence rails on. Now I'm working on appliqueing the fence posts. My row is 42" wide, I had to have seams in my background pieces and fence rails. I placed the seams so they would be covered as much as possible by the end fence post.
 My daffodil pieces are all backed with fusible. I used my applique pressing sheet to assemble the cluster of daffodils so now they are easier to decide where to place them on my row.

I think my row needs a little more color and I am planning to make some tulips too, I just have to decide  which color. Of course a little butterfly or bee may fly by and I shall have to include them too!


You can head over to http://www.patchworktimes.com/2012/04/30/design-wall-monday-april-30-2012/
and see what fun projects others are working on too.

Time for me to get off the computer and head to the sewing room!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun start to a row quilt! Yes, Lady bugs and butterflies will look cute on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful row so far. I'm not a big fan of row quilts yet, but if they all turned out as beautiful as yours, sign me up!!! I think some purple iris or tulips might be nice. And definitely a butterfly. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful row! I can see some red tulips with those daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great and I love the perspective on the row. The colors are perfect and can't wait to see the little details you add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodills - how perfect for a spring row quilt! Don't you just love the applique pressing sheet? so helpful when pressing all those layers together! Your doing a wonderful job on your quilt row. :)

    ReplyDelete