Friday, April 27, 2012

Distracted by Spring!

Goodness, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I last posted. I guess that means I've been too busy doing "Spring" things, planting in the garden and greenhouse, packing up the winter gear and pulling out clothes for sunnier days. And enjoying the sunshine, at least on the days it shows up!

I have been quilting too, of course.
I finished my Scrap Squad quilt a few weeks ago and today my post went "live" on Quiltmaker's blog.

And here's the quilt that has finally been brought out of seclusion!





I've also been working on some quilts for Project Linus. I like to do this for several reasons. First, they don't need to be complicated or really big, and it's rewarding to get a quilt top made in an afternoon or two. Second, I have a lot of fabric and it's a chance to use up some of my less favorite or older fabrics to make room for new ones. 

Here's two very easy and quick quilt tops I've recently made.




                                              





And one made from left over's from my scrap squad quilt.
I volunteered to donate a quilt for a Silent Auction for our church's youth group, I think this one may be headed there.












I think I will welcome the rainy spring days with a smile and recognize them as a great opportunity for a sewing day!


1 comment:

  1. Jackie I love your Ladder quilt. It is amazing how different all our quilts turned out. Your leftover quilt is wonderful. Hugs

    ReplyDelete