Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Bloom and Dear Jane

I've been busy sewing as usual but I decided to get back to writing about it on my blog.

Lori Holt's Bloom Sew Along was too cute to pass up. I made all the blocks but I chose to put mine in a different setting. And I LOVE how it turned out....now to find some time to quilt it!


I'm also working on Amy Gibson's Sugar Block Club. Almost fell behind on this one, just snuck in the May block before June's blocks were released. I wasn't so fond of all that background fabric this month so I changed up the centers to be a print instead. I'm making 2 sets, one for a boy, one for a girl, both made from scraps. 1st block I used a small stripe but I didn't really like the giant center. I added a circle and liked that a little better. The second one I liked my fabric selection better.


And the BIG project, the one that has been taking the most of my time and attention.....well I decided that May was the month to finally finish up my Dear Jane quilt. I have been working on it off and on for 5 1/2 years.....yikes. I have spent the last week or more quilting it and it is off the frame!! Here's a sneak peak at some of the quilting. 



I found it hard to quilt teeny tiny stuff in those little 4 1/2" blocks, and that was my very first time doing feathers, I practiced a bunch with a pencil and paper first.

This next week will find me making bias binding and slowly and carefully sewing it on. My first time for scalloped edge too.






No comments:

Post a Comment