Friday, June 17, 2016

5 years later......

Back in January 2011 I stumbled upon a small group of ladies that were making the Dear Jane quilt. I had never heard of it before, but I looked it up......those little blocks looked so cute.....
Well before I knew it I had clicked "order" and the Dear Jane book was on it way.

Well there are cute blocks, tricky blocks,  and some "what the heck was Jane thinking?" blocks and TRIANGLES. Yikes, those triangles. At first I wasn't even going to do them, but I got sucked in, can't say I enjoyed making them all but I did. And I even did a scalloped border, my first time ever.

It was a LOT of work, many stops and starts along the way. But every time I pulled it back out I loved how it looked so i just kept plodding along, working on those little blocks in between many, many other projects. And finally it paid off.....

Here is my big TA-DA.....


While working on that binding....it took me almost a week to get all that hand-stitching done, I had to have something else fun and easy to work on. Well I saw THIS free pattern that used a layer cake. I'd had a set of gingham prints from Riley Blake, just 11 of them. Seemed like this was the perfect project to use them up. Just 11 10" squares plus  some Kona white and I came up with 5  16"blocks, plus a bonus star block with the leftovers. 


I was thinking a 9-patch layout, 5 blocks with 4 plain white blocks. But I'm not fond of square quilts so I added my bonus block as a top row....52x68"  a great size for a lap quilt, and all from 11 10" squares!

Now to get it quilted.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The Dear Jane quilt is amazing! Congratulations on making such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete