Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer time.....long days but little quilting.

Summer Time, those long lazy days. It seems like without the school schedule, homework etc, there should be more time to sew. Not so, because kids are home and many of our days are filled with summer activities. 
As we were heading out to the lake yesterday my smart hubby asked if I'd brought my handsewing. Packing all the fixings for a picnic I hadn't even thought of it. Thanks to him I was able to get most of the embroidery finished on a wool block from the Harvest Mystery quilt Blog Hop from  http://farmhousethreads.blogspot.com/ 

Here's my first 2 blocks



Do you remember the quilt top I recently finished, amazingly I got it quilted AND binding on instead of my usual toss it on the "to quilt someday" pile. The quilting adds so much texture to the quilt.It is now folded neatly and tucked away for a future gift.

My other small accomplishment was to make the June block for the Sugar Block club from http://www.stitcherydickorydock.com/

Here's my June blocks



and the first 6 together in my 2 colorways



So less sewing time, but still SOME sewing time. I need to be more prepared with take-a-long projects,  It makes for a happy Mama!



No comments:

Post a Comment